When To See An Arthritis Specialist

Many people will be surprised that arthritis is not a diagnosis of any one condition, but covers more than 100 different illnesses and conditions. Think of it as an umbrella term. Some types of arthritis will require contestant medical care and treatment, whereas other types are quite easily managed at home.

What Are The Symptoms Of Arthritis?

Knowing the type of arthritis you have or may be suffering from will help your physician or health care provider better help you with managing the symptoms associated with it.

If you are experiencing joint pain or generalized aching around the joint, then you may be suffering from arthritis. If you find that the pains are giving you cause for concern, then you need to book an appointment with an arthritis specialist.

Some of the common symptoms you can expect to see when suffering with from arthritis are:

  • Swelling or stiffness in one or more of your joints.
  • Joints that have red and warm skin directly above them.
  • Difficulty moving the joints on a daily basis.
  • Joint stiffness, particularly in the morning and evening.
  • Aches or pain in one or more joints.

Of course, these can be symptoms aside from arthritis. However, if you experience any of the following then you should make an appointment with your physician immediately.

  • Symptoms that last for 3 days or more
  • Recurring symptoms that appear several times a month.

Related: Osteoarthritis vs Rheumatoid Arthritis

Why See An Arthritis Specialist?

An arthritis specialist is specifically trained in this field of medicine. While a general practitioner may be able to offer some help with symptoms, without understanding exactly which type of arthritis you are suffering from, they can only offer limited assistance.

An arthritis specialist will be in the best position to help you treat and manage any symptoms you may be having while monitoring any decline in joint activity or progression of arthritis to other joints. Simply put, you wouldn’t visit a doctor with a toothache, you would see a dentist. The same goes for arthritis.

As anyone who suffers from arthritis knows, it can at times be a debilitating condition. If you feel that your symptoms are worsening or causing you chronic pain, seeing an arthritis specialist will be your very best option.

Arthritis may be a hidden illness, but the pain and discomfort it can cause are very real.

Related: Information on Rheumatoid Arthritis | What You Need to Know to Live a Fulfilling Life with RA

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.